On Monday 25 May 2020, the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) and the Disaster Risk Reduction Association of Journalists (DIRAJ) will host a Twitter chat in observance of Africa Day. Anyone with a Twitter account can join the conversation, which will be moderated by @dirajafrica around the hashtags #DRRAfrica and #AfricaDay2020.
The online chat will explore how the risk of disasters can be reduced in Africa through innovation and increased awareness, as well as how we can build a more resilient and sustainable systems and infrastructure in the wake of the current pandemic.
Tune in to Twitter on 25 May at 14:00 EAT to take part.
- 1. Tell us about a resilience-building initiative in Africa that inspires you.
- 2. How can international, national and community organisations and authorities build better disaster resilience?
- 3. Give an example of how technology can reduce the risk of disasters in Africa.
- 4. How can we better communicate disaster risk reduction priorities?
- 5. How can a post-pandemic Africa become more inclusive and socially-just?
- 6. How can we transform African businesses to be more sustainable and resilient to future disasters?
Use the hashtag #DRRAfrica in your answers.